Anaida is a performer, actor, director, producer, pop and playback singer, multi-linguist, advertising conceptualizer, creative exponent of the fine arts, writer/poet Anaida has been an integral part of the Indian Entertainment Industry for almost 17 years.
In the early ’90, She was one of India’s first pop stars. Since then she has launched 10 albums and a score of singles, in Hindi, English, Tamil, Malayalam, Punjabi, Greek, and Arabic. She sings in 11 languages.
She has acted in Hindi movies and guest appearances in numerous television shows. With the success of her music career came a celebrity status propelling her into the world of glamour and corporate movers and shakers.
• She stormed on the Indian music scene with her hit single “Hotline” which also happened to be the first Indian single to be released. • Her first album “Love today hai nahi asaan” was one of the highest selling debut album of its time.
The song “Dil le le” fetched her a nomination for best female vocalist. • The album was supported by two videos. “Hotline” and “Love today hai nahi asaan”. • .Both videos showcased her talent also as dancer comfortable both with western and Indian styles.
”Love today….” Also was the first Indian pop video to be choreographed by Ace choreographer Saroj Khan.• Her English single ”Fever” was released soon after. It won her appreciation from the critics who were impressed by the ease and versatility with which the singer modulates her voice to sing the classic track, so different from her Hindi style you could hardly recognize it as being the same voice.
• The same year saw her lending her voice to sing the song “DIVA”, the title track for the Diva awards .She opened the show with a live performance of Diva and later followed it by a slick performance of her favourite “fever” • She also represented the Hindi pop music on the First ever “Ford super model of the year” held in India.
• that was followed by her super hit album “Nazuk nazuk” released in 1996, featuring the track “Oova Oova” . the song got her a nomination for best female vocalist for the second time as well as one for viewers choice.
The video showcased her talent as an actress equally at ease with comedy. At the time when Indian pop was very influenced by glamour she chose to portray a deglamourized, simple girl and showed her versatility and love for experiments once again.
• The second video “Hoo Halla Hoo”, from the same album was the first fully animated 3D video ever produced in India. It took over six months to complete and was scripted by Anaida herself. It won a number of award including “Hope 96” for best animation.
• For the first time ever, Walt Disney decided to produce a version of one of their popular tracks in another language. It was the song “Hakuna Matata” from their super hit animation movie “The Lion King” in Hindi.
They chose Anaida to sing the song along with Baba Sehgal. The video, another first of its kind in India went on to become on of the few numbers popular with kids and adults alike. Anaida proved her extreme professionalism by proceeding to shoot for the video despite a very high fever, a bad case of Conjunctivitis and an injured foot! She often jokes about the dark glasses she sported during the video to cover her swollen eyes!Anaida is well-known for her international style of music which blends Persian, Middle Eastern, Southern European, and Indian styles.
Her hits are numerous, including ‘Oova Oova’, ‘Mailu Mailu’, ‘Oonchi Neechi’, ‘Kaachi Kali’ and ‘Diwani diwani, to name a few. She also sung the famous ‘Hakuna Matata’ for Walt Disney’s Hindi version of ‘The Lion King’.
This website is a resource for event professionals and strives to provide the most comprehensive catalog of popular musicians and bands to consider for performances at corporate events, fundraising galas, or university events. A listing or profile on this website does not imply an agency affiliation or endorsement by the talent.
All American Entertainment (AAE) exclusively represents the interests of talent buyers, and does not claim to be the agency or management for any artist or celebrity on this site. AAE Music is a talent booking agency for paid events only. We do not handle requests for donation of time or media requests for interviews, and cannot provide celebrity contact information.
If you are the talent, and wish to request removal from this catalog or report an issue with your profile, please click here.